These popsicles were inspired by Kentucky bourbon and Texas heat. I created the recipe last summer for A Southern Fairytale blog but thought they deserved a repost as the temperature starts to rise!
- 2 cups half and half
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Place chocolate, orange zest, cayenne pepper, bourbon, and dark brown sugar in glass bowl.
- Bring half and half to a simmer over medium heat.
- Pour the heated half and half over ingredients. Whisk until chocolate has melted and everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds.
- Freeze until firm, usually several hours or overnight.